45 to 49 best practices structured into 4 categories and 13 domains, to obtain a synthetic and detailed vision for each of the project management domains.
Service allowing two uses:
- learn good R&D or engineering practices
- evaluate the R&D practices in relation to the best thanks to its online questionnaire functionality
The evaluation embeds Lean development / Lean engineering.
Number of questions / best practices depending on the type of industry; conditioned by a choice at the beginning of the questionnaire.
Project management best practices model in R&D and Engineering
There are 45 to 49 Project management practices organised in the following structured model with 4 categories and 13 domainsCustomer value
- Needs: how are needs captured and formalised?
- Requirements management: how are its requirements used to define specifications, in what form and how are they monitored?
- Change management: how are change requests formalized, analyzed, validated...?
Supporting processes and tools
- Operational monitoring: which operational indicators are monitored?
- Financial monitoring: which financial indicators are monitored? Is there a project Business Case?
Project activity management
- Development stages: Does the project follow a standard step-by-step development process?
- Resourcing: how are project team members assigned to the project?
- Software and tools: tools to support the project such as a project monitoring tool or technical data management tools?
- Planning: Does the project use an operational planning with a breakdown into project tasks?
- Project team: how is the project and its members organized?
- Project monitoring: what mechanisms (meetings, risk monitoring, etc.) are used to monitor project activities and make decisions?
- Tools and templates: Are there standard and adapted documentary templates for the project?
- Subcontracting and procurement: how are the interfaces with subcontracting or suppliers managed?
Example of usage for evaluation
In-depth assessment of your Research, Development or Engineering, focused on Project management to enable you and your team to:
- precisely understand project management strengths and weaknesses through quantified data allowing internal and even external comparisons
- define new project management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely on project management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- The service manager* can directly carry out an evaluation by answering the questionnaire (optional); steps 2 to 4 are optional depending on whether he/she wishes to invite other participants to carry out the evaluation
- If he/she wishes to invite other participants to conduct the evaluation, he/she proceeds to steps 2 to 5
- Otherwise he/she goes directly to step 5 of viewing the results
- He/she can still do his evaluation after the participants if he did not do it at the beginning
- Customisation of the service to the organisation by the service manager*
- Service name, title and introduction for the participants invited
- Selection of participants to the service
- Definition of dimension to enable analysis by organisation dimension (optional)
- Selection of anonymity option
- Sending of an invitation link to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line
- The service manager can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
* The service manager is the person who purchased the service.
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- Research, Development or Engineering manager
- A few project managers and the head of project management (if existing)
- A few technical area managers
- A selection of a few people outside of Research, Development or Engineering : sales and marketing, purchasing, manufacturing manager...
- In case of several geographical sites, a selection of site top manager and project managers, enabling to compare the practices between the different sites.
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by organisational dimension
Compare performance across your own, relevant and entirely customisable organisational dimensions. For example by geographical locations, departments, hierarchical levels or any other you see fit. Zoom in to breakdowns by category, subcategory and/or question
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
Wevalgo excellence model Results
Get valuable insight into areas and axes of progress thanks to our embedded Wevalgo model. Other analytical models may be incorporated, see key concepts for more information)
There is no example for this service
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.