42 best practices structured into 2 categories and 9 domains, enabling to get a detailed and a consolidated view
Two uses are possible:
- learn R&D product development management best practices
- evaluate the R&D practices in relation to the best thanks to the online questionnaire functionality
The evaluation embeds Lean develoment / Engineering practices assessment.
Wevalgo Core processes and Client management framework for Research, Development or Engineering
Summary description of the best practice model
- Customer needs: methods for identifying and prioritizing needs
- Tender management: tender response process, allocated resources (for project engineering industries)
- Requirements management: requirements inventory, performance and non-functional requirements, compliance control,
- Change management: end-to-end process (formalization, analysis, decision, communication...)
- Contract and guarantee: process of contractualization and monitoring of the contract and guarantees (for project engineering industries)
Core processes :
- Technical process: technical methods (design, implementation...) for each technical field
- Development process: key steps and controls in the research and development cycle
- Resource staffing : system for monitoring resource use, anticipating needs and allocating resources to projects
- IT systems and tools: technical, management or communication tools supporting research and development
Example of usage for evaluation
Perform a detailed evaluation of your R&D focused on Operations and Customer management to:
- precisely understand Operations and Customer management strengths and weaknesses through quantified data allowing internal and even external comparisons
- define new Operations and Customer management ways of working, trainings, or other improvement actions
- define targeted areas to monitor closely on Operations and Customer management
- easily compare improvements and progress at different points in time
The best practices are accessible directly after purchase. In case of usage to evaluate the practices the following steps apply
- The service manager* can directly carry out an evaluation by answering the questionnaire (optional); steps 2 to 4 are optional depending on whether he/she wishes to invite other participants to carry out the evaluation
- If he/she wishes to invite other participants to conduct the evaluation, he/she proceeds to steps 2 to 5
- Otherwise he/she goes directly to step 5 of viewing the results
- He/she can still do his evaluation after the participants if he did not do it at the beginning
- Customisation of the service to the organisation by the service manager*
- Service name, title and introduction for the participants invited
- Selection of participants to the service
- Definition of dimension to enable analysis by organisation dimension (optional)
- Selection of anonymity option
- Sending of an invitation link to the selected participants
- Evaluations performed by selected participants, on the Wevalgo web platform
- Participants connect to Wevalgo web site thanks to the link sent by the service manager
- Participants answer on-line
- The service manager can follow up the answers progress status
- Results available at the end of evaluations on the Wevalgo website
* The service manager is the person who purchased the service.
Recommended participants for an evaluation
For the evaluation we recommend the following participants:
- Research, Development or Engineering manager
- A few project managers
- A few technical area managers
- A selection of a few people outside of Research, Development or Engineering : sales and marketing, purchasing, manufacturing manager...
- In case of several geographical sites, a selection of site managers, enabling to compare the practices between the different sites.
In order to use the services, the technical environment must comply with the requirements below.
- Chrome: 62 and above
- Internet Explorer: 11 and above
- Safari: 10 and above
- Firefox: 45 and above
- Opera: 42 and above
- desktop or laptop usage, no mobile version
- Firewall authorising Wevalgo website
If you choose to use other browsers or settings other than the ones listed here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter problems that Customer Service may not be able to resolve.
These technical requirements apply to all the participants of the service.
Get instant and full access to reports as soon as evaluations are completed.
Gain multi-level analysis on several axis that can be explored in varied depths and dimensions through a user friendly results menu. A few samples of the results report are shown below
Visualise the performance and their drivers at a glance across all categories and sub-categories
Results by organisational dimension
Compare performance across your own, relevant and entirely customisable organisational dimensions. For example by geographical locations, departments, hierarchical levels or any other you see fit. Zoom in to breakdowns by category, subcategory and/or question
Results by evaluator and category
You can see detailed results to better understand the causes of your organisation performance
Wevalgo excellence model Results
Get valuable insight into areas and axes of progress thanks to our embedded Wevalgo model. Other analytical models may be incorporated, see key concepts for more information)
To see a full example of report result, click here
We have expert consultants on hand to build their own evaluations, assist you and interpret your results. Select the Expert Review option on the purchase menu.